Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Paint...

Here's the amazing handyman at it again. Ross was slow this week with work so I hired him to do my stairwell. Hey, it's only been almost 3 years since we moved in. It was time.
What a lot of work - the ceilings are like 17 feet high. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of him on his scaffolding. The gymnastics alone would have made for enough work, but no, I had to give him MORE. I bought the paint at wal mart like a DUMMY. It was thin and runny, and whoops!: the drugged up employee with acne and long hair mixed the 2 gallons of tan paint a little wrong...
Can you see stripes where Ross put the first, then the second gallon on? One can had more blue undertones... So i had to get new paint (the pricey Home Depot brand) and Ross REDID the tan walls...
He was a sport about it. In the end it was still gorgeous. Tan everywhere with the back wall a slate blue. We bought a suede chocolate brown black out roman shade for the window - I finally gave in to my cave man hubby and the AC bill. It is now DARK with the shade down... The last pic there is from upstairs - my brown wall and the tan and blue. Don't ask me why the half wall looks lighter than the tan wall - deceiving picture since they are the same color. Or has the wal mart paint duped me again???????


7 comments:

Rennie said...

That looks really great! Good choice of color and I love the shade!

Rachael said...

That is awesome! So nice! We need to come visit you guys because I am sure you have some awesome decorating tips!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

The paint looks great! Send Ross my way, I have so many painting projects that I want to get done.

Ashleigh said...

Hi Kelly, this is Ashleigh (Duke) I came across your cute blog and could not help leaving a comment. You have such an adorable family and sounds like you have another on the way, congrats! You can find me at www.abutlerfamily.blogspot.com. :)

S. and A. Millar said...

Wow that looks really nice! Can't wait to see it in person!

Katie said...

WOO HOO! I found you!!

Laura said...

Looks nice! I can't wait to see it this weekend!!