Thursday, October 23, 2008

How Friends Can Help



Barbera should be on the US Government's finance committee. That's what Blue says. She's got mad skills at getting free stuff from businesses. A few weeks ago she called me to make sure I'd be home on a Wednesday morning. Why? "Oh, I'm bringing over a tree," she tells me. She went to our local A&P Nursery and told them about how we lost Porter Jackson and they donated a tree to plant in his memory. She didn't know that it was my favorite type of tree - one that I had been wanting for the backyard for over a year. It meant so much - for some reason making something grow with life is so uplifting for my heart. I love that I look out the kitchen window and see this. I see Jackson.
Ami wondered if he was going to grow inside the tree as it grew. She's got some unique ideas.


Lately she quietly sneaks my camera and photographs us. And why not let her when she's got such skill with head shots?



8 comments:

Jenn Comolli said...

So funny that the kids can't get their eyes open in the sun! lol Britney just looks constipated when she takes pics outside on a sunny day! hehe Love the tree idea, by the way!

Rachael said...

i want to meet your friend! So darling! You look really good by the way!

Bri said...

Yeah, I agree, your friend ROCKS. What a beautiful tree! Maybe you can get a plaque or a statue or something to put under it. Also, that play thing is the coolest. What a lot of work, and it's been hot outside! You look so pretty, even though I know you feel so good.

Bri said...

Yeah, I agree, your friend ROCKS. What a beautiful tree! Maybe you can get a plaque or a statue or something to put under it. Also, that play thing is the coolest. What a lot of work, and it's been hot outside! You look so pretty, even though I know you feel so good.

Cortney said...

It is so amazing that you have so many people that love you and want to support you. I think that more than anything helped me get through my grief. I love the tree...that beautiful rememberance will outlive us all! BTW...I started listening to the radio station you told me too and love it! I'm so glad I have you and Kristi as my visiting teachers. I love you girls! Have you had a chance to listen to the CD I made? Hopefully it touches your heart as much as it did for me through my roughest times. Hope to see you at church tomorrow!

Cortney said...

Okay, I really need to proofread before posting becauase I just went back and read and realized I used "too" instead of "to". Dang teacher in me!

Sara Schletter said...

That is the sweeteset thing. what a wonderful person you have in your life.

The Scotts said...

How cool to plant a tree to remember him. I heard about that after my Mom passed.